Pages

Sunday, December 13, 2009

Movida Aqui - Melbourne










Level 1, 500 Bourke Street Melbourne



Jug of Sangria $35 or $9 per glass (only a fool will get a glass!)


Aceitunas Cordal (large olives) $4.50



Anchoa - Hand filleted Cantabrian Artisan anchovy on crouton with smoked tomoato sorbet $4.50 each



Bocadillo De Calamares - Calamari sandwich with Basque guindilla and mayonnaise $6.50 each





Xato - Grilled tuna with a black olive crust, romesco sauce and endive $17.50






Meat-free/Meat* ratio: 19/31
Just vego/Meat* ratio: 7/31
Specials: yes
Comments: Movida has never done me wrong, and this new and larger venue has yet to make me believe otherwise. I use to be one to shun from the thought of eating anchovies but good premium anchovies are now my friends. Movida's use of premium ingredients and unique condiments makes each dish a refreshing surprise. Both times I have been here, I have ordered meat-free and each time my companion failed to realize her change in diet! We cannot wait to try the paella!

Grain Rating: 4 / 5

* Meat refers to grain-fed animals = beef, pork & poultry

No comments:

Post a Comment